Tuesday, February 19, 2013

My very first bike build

Going through some old photo albums and found a photo of this old gem. It was a 'Jaguar Deluxe' that I got for Christmas. Don't let the name fool you, it was a heavy steel framed bike. It came originally with a short sissy bar, banana seat and ape hamgers . Trouble was I really dug BMXers (this was around 1980).So not long after I ditched the sissy bar, seat, bars, gooseneck, forks and tyres and replaced them with BMX type parts. Most expensive part was the 'Tange' chrome-moly forks which didn't fit quite right as the bearings were slightly different. Later on I even rattle-canned the wheels bright yellow, as the cheap chrome used to rust all the time!. I rode that bike to death on-road and in the bush as there was bush ditrectly across the road from my parents house.

No comments:

Post a Comment